Saturday, November 21, 2015

Pizza Worth Model

Week three! check out TheDustyWahl at http://thedustywahl.blogspot.com/

This week we are talking about pizza as the title says, It's something I have extensively discussed with my friend group, the Legendary 4. Now, before you jump to conclusions, I am not just going to tell you my favorite pizza and move on, I am going to us something called the pizza worth model or PWM for short. This is just something that I started to think about today again and I think its worth sharing.

The pizza worth model is in effect because in high school, the Legendary 4 always got $5 pizza and sat and ate it in the Dusty Wahl's car or at a park or when we played video games. Place doesn't matter. Anyways, one day we heard about a pizza place in Brooklyn Park called Jet's pizza. We drove the 10 minutes to the small store that was situated in a cramped strip mall. we looked at the menu and decided we would get a sausage and black olive pizza. The classic. However, we weren't so happy that we had to pool together quite a bit of money for a pizza that was half the size of our usual $5 pizza. I want to say it was around twenty bucks, but I could be wrong. we sat outside in an empty patio of a restaurant that wasn't open yet and opened the box to dig in. It wasn't much and I believe we were fighting over who gets the last piece quite quickly. We weren't fighting for ourselves, it was more of oh Calvin paid for most of it, he should get the last slice or Gary hasn't eaten much today, he should get it. The pizza was amazing, but whoever got the last slice was still unsatisfied. We all were. It was a small amazingly delicious pizza, but it cost way too much. This got us talking. We decided that the pizza actually sucked because of how much it cost. It wasn't worth the scraping of the bottom of our pockets for a pretty good pizza. Before I continue, I do want to say that all pizza is good, there is no such thing as bad pizza. Pizza is a food that everyone loves and everyone always will love, but sometimes, its not worth it's cost. This is were the PWM comes in. We agreed that $5 pizza is at the top of the model simply because even though it isn't the best pizza, it is cheap and you get a lot of it. Jet's however is close to the bottom. It is good pizza, but you don't get a lot and you pay too much for it. I work at a restaurant that has my favorite deep dish pizza and I would gladly pay $20 for a small sausage and black olive pizza. Seriously, if you ever are in White Bear Lake, MN, go to Donatelli's. You won't be let down.

Now the PWM isn't just for pizza, you can use it for a lot of things. I do find that it is more applicable to consumables rather than permanent things like tech or cars which have many more factors that come into play when buying, but it's just a fun thing I think about when I am eating my favorite slice.

Thank you for reading my thoughts and I would love to hear your comments,

BottleofGreen

No comments:

Post a Comment